July 19, 2010

#7. Read 40 books (1/40)

South of Broad- Pat Conroy

GREAT book! I'm slightly embarrassed to only have read 1 book by now! I've never taken so long to read a book (I believe I started in December), and before I made this 99 list, I read at least a book each month, but then I started school in the spring and had absolutely no free time to do any pleasure reading. Now that drops the "books in process" count to just 3! I'm still trying to finish Club Dead, A million little pieces, and Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. Fear and Loathing is a short book, so I'll try to finish that one first, and now that I'm on the current season of True Blood, Club Dead is right about where the show is lining up so it'll be interesting to see what the show has changed.




I'm working on crossing off a more difficult goal- to resist alcohol for 30 days. I am one week sober today and I really didn't think it would be this difficult. I have already tried to postpone my 30 day stretch because I'm going to the Dave Matthews concert in 2 days, and would love to be able to drink at that BUT if I start making excuses now, I will allow myself to make excuses every month...like I have since January. I may learn something about myself in the next 23 days, hope I like the outcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment