August 23, 2012

The final 100 days

We are down to the final 100 day countdown til I am Mrs. Feetham!!

Wedding planning has been SO. MUCH. FUN! Each part of it has made me say, "I should've gone into the wedding planning business" or  "I wish I worked at a bridal store so I could help other girls find their dress!" or "I wish I were a graphic designer." Of course in reality, I wouldn't want to do any of those things for a living... but it certainly is fun doing them on the side!

I know I haven't updated on my wedding plans much, mostly because I still want the element of surprise on our wedding day.  I don't want to spill too many details or post too many pictures, but I WILL offer my checklist (snagged from Megan at Fried Green Pickles)...and give an idea of just how much thought we've put into our big day and how many things we've already checked off the to-do list:


Set a date
Book venue
Book Rehearsal Dinner venue
Book photographer
Reserve hotel room block
Book musicians (ceremony & reception)
Ask bridal party to be in the wedding
Book caterer
Create wedding website - www.wix.com/thefeethams/ourwedding
Register
Book florist
Shop for wedding dress
Book officiant
Wedding shoes!!!
Take engagement pictures
Design / Print / Send out save-the-dates
Select & order bridesmaid dresses
Select & order grooms(men) tuxes
Design layout for reception
Find veil
Book cake baker
Hire day-of-coordinator
Find or purchase cake knife and server
Find or purchase toasting glasses for bride & groom
Order guest book
Design / Order / Print invitations
Find a calligrapher or send envelopes to Auntie Mimi!
Engagement announcement in Post & Courier and Goose Creek Gazette
Find MOB & MOG dress
Choose wedding jewelry
Find a garter - thanks Morgan!!
Book makeup artist
Book hair stylist
Bridal portraits / Hair & Makeup trial run - scheduled for October 12
1st dress fitting - August 9
2nd (and hopefully final) dress fitting - September 27
Make junior bridesmaid kissing ball
Lingerie shower - August 17
Make map flowers for cake
Find the perfect cake topper
Design & Construct indoor centerpieces
Design & Construct outdoor centerpieces
Choose flowers at Charleston Flower Market for BM,toss bouquet, & outdoor centerpieces
Flower girl dresses
Flower girl baskets
Ring bearer suit
Monogram shower - September 22
Design & Construct cork installation (? may or may not do)
Order Bridesmaid gifts
Order Groomsmen gifts
Buy flower vases for the cake table
Mail invitations - first of October
Buy rehearsal dinner dress
Suit for Stephen at rehearsal dinner
Bachelorette party!! - October 13
Purchase Stephen's wedding band
My wedding band!
Couple's shower - tentative in November
Create wedding day timeline
Decide on Signature cocktails
DIY aisle markers
DIY Groomsmen bouts with excess BM dress material
Design & Print Wedding programs
Get marriage license
Final music selections to DJ & ceremony musicians
Book honeymoon!!
Book wedding day transportation
Final vendor payments (venue, caterer, photographer, DJ, officiant, D-o-C, and ceremony musicians)
Getaway dress?
Book wedding night hotel room
Order thank you notes
Wedding announcement in Post & Courier and Goose Creek Gazette
Walk down the aisle & say I do!




whew. Can we get married already?!?

1 comment:

  1. yay! It's nice to have it all crossed out, huh? I need to check your blog more often!

    ReplyDelete