May 4, 2012

Engagement Pics and Vendors

Before I even got engaged, there were 3 vendors I knew I'd HAVE to have when I got married.


1) Landon Jacob Productions - photography
When I moved to the Earlewood area of Columbia, I met my neighbors, Landon and Jordan Thompson, a husband and wife photography/genius/crafy duo. If you look through their blog, you'll quickly see why I wanted them to be our photographers. Their work is so amazing and has been featured in Charleston Weddings, Southern Living- Wedding, Style me pretty, Ruffled, Get Married, and Southern Wedding Magazine. To view our Engagement Pics, click here!

2) Cricket & Kyle - catering
Every April, Summerville holds the Flowertown Festival the same weekend as the Bridge Run. Stephen and I went with Erin in 2010 and stumbled upon one of the food stands serving made-to-order crab cakes. Shut the front. door. They were hands down THE best crab cakes I had ever had in my life. And that is a TAAAALL order to fill coming from a girl raised in Charleston and a boy raised on Maryland blue crabs. I took their business card and promised them, whenever the time came that I got married, I would most definitely be booking them...on their crabcakes alone. I've carried that business card with me for 2 years! Luckily for us, turns out all their food is AMAZING! The company is actually named after the owner (Keith's) children. Keith is the nicest person, and gave us a sampling of every single food item we wanted at our wedding, no charge. I can not wait to have everyone at the wedding discover just how awesome this family owned, local company is.

3) Sinclair Ray - DJ
I have been to my fair share of weddings. No other DJ has been better than Sinclair Ray from Mandy and Robert's wedding back in October. He was so much fun and very professional. So as soon as I attended one of the Charleston Bridal expo's with my mom, aunt, and MOH, I made a BEE LINE to Sinclair to book him!



As far as all other vendors, I truly plan on doing most other things myself! I have the time to plan, I consider myself pretty crafty, and most of all, I know the little details will be most important to Stephen and I if we put our own thoughts and ideas into them.

Insert with bookmark attached




The Save the Dates were printed and put together ourselves, (and we plan on doing the formal invitations as well).

the insert with bookmark flipped up

coming to a mailbox near you!























I'm getting an old friend and awesome cake decorator to bake our cake (and decorate them with these). The flowers, we will all be putting together from Charleston flower market ourselves. And the centerpieces will all be DIY as well! We've already nearly finished cutting all the wine bottles!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment