December 20, 2011

Said YES to the DRESS!!

Yesterday was my birthday, and my one and only birthday wish was granted....wedding dress shopping in Charlotte!!

My mom and I went to a few of the boutiques in Charleston and saw so many dresses that we liked, but nothing too special. Every dress to try on was a 10 or 12 so of course each one had to be pinned to fit my tiny frame, and each dress just seemed to swallow me. I didn't really have the vision needed to imagine the dress in half the size and half the amount of extra material, so we went to David's Bridal, where I would at least be able to put on a dress that fit me and regain my confidence!

I knew I wanted a dress that was really special though, I didn't want a dress thousands of other brides across America were wearing! A friend of  mine suggested a store she went to in Charlotte with another bride-to-be. She said the shop itself is STUNNING on the inside with beautifully hand-painted details on the wall throughout the store, it's so clean, dresses are very well taken care of, staff is nice, tons of changing rooms with white leather couches for your guests to judge your picks, gleaming marble floors, and tall mirrors with hanging sparkly chandeliers above them. I was sold!



Mom, Auntie Melody, Ashlyn (bridesmaid) and Teresa (MOH) tagged along to NY bride & groom. It was even more beautiful in person than what my friend had described! Before driving up, I had memorized all of their lines and just knew I'd find my dress here!

This was ranked 4th of the 4 I loved
It had pockets! But don't get any ideas...the dress I ended up choosing is not the same style at all!

I tried on sooo many dresses and liked nearly every single one. It was a tough decision, but I found 4 dresses I LOVED, but only one made me truly feel like a bride. It's so pretty!! Best of all, this dress was made ESPECIALLY for this store...so for me that means the odds of someone else wearing it are extremely slim :-D It is truly one of a kind and I knew I would never find another dress I like more!



I can't *wait* til Stephen sees me in my dress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment