March 22, 2010

30 days sober!

...from fast food that is!

#89. No fast food for 1 month
I made it 30 days without pulling up into a drive-thru and it was more difficult than I thought it would be! Not because I truly crave fast food, but because of the convenience factor. Sometimes, I don't get off work til 8 or 9 at night, and I live 30 minutes away. I don't always feel like cooking when I get home, but I pass all of my favorite fast food restaurants on the way to the house. It was hard because fast food restaurants surround me!


So now that I've made it 30 days, i could TECHNICALLY eat fast food now, but that wasn't the deal I made. I agreed to give up fast food for 40 days for Lent, so I've got another 6 days I need to stay sober.


You would think I would feel more healthy after a fast-food fast, but I actually feel the same. I've had an upper respiratory infection and allergy issues for the past 3 or 4 weeks so I really haven't been running too much in preparation for the Cooper River Bridge Run this Saturday.

So if you pass a tiny asian girl decked out in breast cancer awareness attire passed out at the 6 mile marker, please pick me up and carry me the rest of the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment