- I finished my first level sign language class and loved it. I picked up the language pretty quickly but won't get to continue classes until January. Hopefully I don't lose any of it between now and then.
- Stephen accepted a job with Research Planning, Inc. and is currently in Louisiana on his second business trip!
- My best friend had a baby and I am now a Godmother!
- Sober for October wasn't a complete bust. I didn't drink for 28 days, and my goal was a month. ...and 28 days is a February month, so I'll take it!
- I had my practicum/internship meeting with the faculty yesterday and it was a success! Success happens to those who "be the pig" (see previous post). I was approved to move on to practicum, so from January-roughly July, I'll be working some with Deaf Services and the rest with Insights, a program for young adults with severe and persistent mental illness! YAYYY
- I still have not washed my car once since I started my 999 days. Sad.
They are professional snowboarders (and basically are awesome with all boards..surf, long, wake, skate)- one was in the 02 Olympics, the other in 06. They've won 5 of 7 legs so far, and they always make it look so easy! Like oh, let me just climb this mountain, build this toy, restructure this coral reef and run across WATER...no big deal. They look like the nicest people and seems like of all the teams, they are enjoying themselves the most! They are competitive, but not in a deceitful way, they never argue with each other, they know how to work as a team- no matter how big or small a task is they allocate quickly and split up the duty without complaint, they appreciate each town they are in and embrace the culture with such optimism. They are Christians and they actually ACT like Christians!! They're considerate of others (giving the last place team the answers to a really difficult puzzle), and when they did win that leg- not without the help of the 2nd place team- they felt bad taking the first place prize and wanted to give it to the team who helped them! HELLO- I've never seen a team act so humble in the 19 seasons I've been watching this show.
- They're physically capable because they're snowboarders.
- They're mentally capable because they're hippies.