January 19, 2010

Celebrating life and mourning death in one weekend

My dad's mother passed away during the night on January 15. She lived to be 81 years old. The death in the family was a very sad event for the entire family, but there was also a silver lining to it. And that was the family was reunited for the first time in almost 15 years when my dad's father passed away. We agreed as a family that we need to stop meeting on these conditions and have a get-together before we lose another member. And this event ended my 15 days being alcohol-free.
..makes me sound like an alcoholic, but it will be very easy for me to complete the 30 days, that is, after my anniversary with Will in one week where I'm sure we'll be trying a new wine. At least I'll be 1 new wine closer to my goal on my 99 list!!

My brother and sister-in-law drove in from IL with Gabby for MaMa's funeral, but we ended the day on a very high note. Gabby got to meet my best friend's daughter Chloe, who is only 2 months younger than Gabby. They became fast friends which I knew they would and they were so incredibly cute together!! I hope they become close friends as they grow up- it would be really special for Teresa and I, and even my parents, to witness that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment